Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gearing Up

Welcome! I'm a student in Cornell's Agricultural Science major, getting ready to graduate in December. This summer, I'm working for - and blogging about - the Small Farms Program and the Organic Dairy Initiative. As an intern, I have the opportunity to learn these programs inside and out by:

  • organizing renewable energy field days and organic dairy field days;
  • profiling the renewable energy strategies of farms;
  • assisting with a field trial to test the incorporation of brassicas into pasture;
  • profiling small dairies;
  • assisting with editing the Small Farms Quarterly;
  • updating relevant websites
The list may change, of course; one of the qualifications for the job is "willingness to learn quickly and work in a flexible environment."

I started work on May 18, but between my sister's graduation and Memorial Day weekend this week (the third consecutive week) is my first full one. Stay tuned for further adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment