Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Organic Dairy Field Day Videos!

I haven't meant to be absent from the blog for so long, but I'll take it as a good sign that I've been too busy at work to update here. Let's take it back to the end of July...

The Organic Dairy Initiative and NOFA-NY co-hosted an "Organic Dairy Farming and Raw Milk Marketing!" field day on July 23. Ed and Eileen Scheffler have a small dairy in Groton; they completed their transition to organic in 2003 and got a permit from the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets to sell raw milk this year. The field day drew a good-sized crowd, including Assemblywoman Barbara Lifton; Professor Gary Fick, with whom I took Sustainable Agriculture in Fall '08, gave a talk during lunch.

I had a chance to experiment with the office's new Flip video camera and produced a grand total of 14 video clips of the day's discussions and speakers. I found that I had more editing options and was happier with the results using iMovie rather than the built-in FlipShare software.
Here are a couple examples:





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting these videos. Ed and Eileen are my parents. I live out of state and was unable to attend this event. It was very nice to be able to see them present their farm store.
    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'll be posting the others on the Small Farms youtube channel soon so you can check them all out. It'll be a few days before I can get them all up, but you'll be able to find them at http://www.youtube.com/cornellsmallfarms.

    Take care!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete